There’s a simple, well-known saying and it goes like this.
Enjoy it while it lasts.
In this case, we’re talking about summer and making the most out of those long sunny days and seasonal goodies.
Are you a fan of watermelon? If not, you’re probably in the minority and should seriously consider becoming one!
Let’s see all the different ways you can use watermelon:
- in a fruit salad
- as a garnish for a tropical cocktail
- make watermelon ice cream
- make watermelon-infused ice cubes
- make a mojito
- use it as a pizza topping (ok, this one is not for everybody)
- spike it with vodka (and don’t tell anyone what you did)
- or make a slushie!
That’s exactly what Heather C. did and she decided to share her recipe with us.
Here’s what she says: “You’ll be done with this slushie in no time! It’s perfect to cool off and enjoy your summer nights just relaxing with a good book and a glass in hand, or have your friends over and wow them with this simple but delicious treat”.
- 8 cups watermelon
- 2 cups ice
- 1/2 cup Prosecco
- 1/2 cup Limoncello
- Optional: 3 tsp granulated sugar, garnish (orange or lemon slices)
How to make Watermelon Slushie
- Clean and slice watermelon into cubes. Remove pits!
- Place in the freezer until … well, frozen. This will give your slushy its unique texture!
- Add all ingredients (including ice) in a blender and mix on high until everything is well combined.
- Enjoy while cool.