There’s only so much time to catch some of your favorite veggies in season. You know this if you’re a lover of green peas from the pod, make your own tomato sauce or are waiting for new potato season to come around the corner already.
Seasonal vegetables come and go really quickly, sometimes the season is over in less than a month. Be smart and give your fave veggies the spotlight using simple, easy to make recipes.
Today’s start ingredient is roasted new potato coupled with herbs and oils for ultimate simplicity and taste.
For this recipe you’ll need:
- 2 lbs new potatoes
- fresh or dried rosemary (to taste)
- a couple of pinches of sea salt
- five cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a large bowl, season the new potatoes with salt and rosemary. Drizzle with olive oil and toss until evenly coated. You don’t have to peel the potatoes, just wash them and cut them into halves or smaller chunks.
- Roughly chop garlic into smaller pieces and add to the potatoes.
- Lay a baking tray with baking paper. Place potatoes on the baking tray.
- Bake for 30 minutes. You can occasionally shake the tray or turn over the potatoes so that they bake evenly.
- Serve with lamb chops or sirloin steak.
Your potatoes should turn out crunchy and aromatic using just a few simple spices and herbs. Pro tip: try adding dried sage leaf when you try this recipe. It pairs beautifully with rosemary and olive oil and gives this dish a truly Mediterranean vibe!
Recipe sent in by Carolyn J.