What do you do when you’re not particularly inspired to cook but still need to make the effort (we’ve all been there and the struggle is real)?
You’ll be putting all your eggs in one basket with this recipe, but the good news is you can’t make a mistake (unless you burn your dinner … please don’t!). Just throw everything into the oven and you’re good to go.
Today we’re making roasted potatoes with sausage and some vegetables.
There’s always room to add more veggies or use only seasonal ones. The idea here is using what you already have laying around in your fridge and coming up with a simple way to use it to create a healthy, satisfying meal.
Here’s how to do it:
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 lbs sausage
- 1 large onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 head garlic
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- seasoned salt
- salt and pepper
- 3 tsp paprika powder
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Wash, peel and chop the potatoes. Roughly chop the rest of the vegetables as well.
- Cut the sausage.
- Prepare a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Use olive oil or regular cooking oil to lightly grease the baking paper, then add all of the vegetables and sausage onto the tray.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika powder. Also, add seasoned salt.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Turn over or toss after 15 minutes to make sure everything is baked nicely and evenly.
Recipe submitted by Ernesto Z.