There are so many variations of banana bread it’s getting hard to count, but we still can’t resist banana bread. Why? Because it’s an ideal combination of bread and cake, easily and effortlessly made when you need something sweet.
This recipe calls for chocolate chips and cinnamon and results in a soft banana bread full of flavor and goodness.
- 4 bananas (ripe)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp milk
- 6-8 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda/baking powder
- 1/2 to 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 to 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300°F (approximately 150°C).
- Thoroughly spray your baking pan with cooking oil to make sure the banana bread doesn’t stick to the metal surface while baking. Alternatively, coat with butter or coconut oil.
- Separately mix the wet and dry ingredients: the flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder in one bowl, and put the bananas in another bowl. Add milk and cinnamon and mix.
- Create sugar cream by mixing eggs, butter, and sugar. Whisk the mixture until you get a fluffy but firm texture.
- Now is the time to mix your sugar cream and bananas. Slowly add flour and chocolate chips. Mix and stir well.
- Pour into your baking pan and let bake for approximately one hour. Let cool before serving.
Recipe submitted by Sarah Brower.