Some guilty pleasures are personal, but some we share. Such is the (not so?) guilty pleasure of enjoying burgers and BBQ. We get recommendations for burger recipes so often, sometimes we think why not run a whole blog dedicated solely to this #1 American food.
It’s no wonder then that we’re sharing this sizzling hot burger recipe. In fact, it’s a 2-in-1 kind of deal because you’ll also learn how to make Bourbon Sauce.
If the weekend is just around the bend, now is the time to read and get inspired. Enjoy these burgers on an outdoor or indoor BBQ grill and wow your friends.
Bourbon Sauce Burgers with Fries
For perfect beef patties you’ll need:
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 4-6 burger buns (store-bought)
- sliced cheddar (one slice per burger)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
And for the Bourbon Sauce:
- 1/2 cup Bourbon of choice
- 2-3 tbsp raw honey
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- a pinch of salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp mustard
- 1-2 cloves garlic
Making the burgers
- 2 lbs of ground meat should be enough for six patties, depending on how large and thick you make them. Form your patties, brush them with a bit of olive oil and grill on a high setting for about 3 minutes per side.
- Once the burgers are done, place a slice of cheddar on top and let it melt.
Making the sauce
- In a pan, mix all of the ingredients for Bourbon sauce and mix them well. Add about a 1/2 cup water and simmer everything on low to medium heat until the alcohol evaporates. This will take a minute or two. Mix continuously.
- When the sauce is done, remove it from the stove and let cool off a bit. Drizzle over grilled burgers topped with cheddar cheese.
Optional: Add Some Fries to your Burger
If you want, you can add french fries to your burger (because serving them on the side has been done before). Oven-bake seasoned potatoes until they’re golden brown and crunchy. Add them on top of the grilled burgers, then add cheddar slices, and then your Bourbon sauce.
Recipe sent in by Chris B.