Think of a cookie. Any kind! What do you see? Probably round pieces of baked cookie dough with telltale chocolate specks. Congratulations, it’s a chocolate chip cookie!
Now, if you’re particularly adventurous or have a very bad case of The Sweet Tooth, you’ll double the chocolate. Wish to triple it … but let’s stick to Double Chocolate Chip Cookies.
They’re your best friend when you’re craving chocolate and nothing else will do. No one can resist chocolatey cookie dough coupled with chocolate chips. You’d give anything for them, but maybe, if you’ve got the right stuff in your pantry, you can use what you already have and bake a fresh batch of deliciously sweet cookies, just for yourself.
Did I mention these cookies are gluten-free? In fact, they are 100% flour-free but still soft, chewy and delectable, just like your regular double chocolate chip cookie. You’ll need no milk either. How does this magic even work!?
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (add more if you like)
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate chips (dark chocolate)
- 3 egg whites
How to make the cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Take a medium-sized bowl and mix all of your dry ingredients (cocoa powder, cinnamon, sugar, salt) until well combined.
- Add egg whites and vanilla extract.
- Now pour in the chocolate chips and stir so that they are spread evenly.
- Bake on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spoon out small amounts of cookie dough and place them on the baking sheet, leaving some space between cookies (they will spread during baking).
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes, until you see the cookies cracking on the surface.
- Let cool for some time in the oven, then remove and enjoy while your supply lasts!
Recipe submitted by Bea Williams.