Smoothie bowls. A perfect blend of healthy, nutritious and tasty (also not a smoothie anymore, but not yet a pudding).
What’s great about smoothie bowls is you can’t go wrong. Every ingredient can be switched out for another, you can mix, match and experiment to your heart’s content.
This recipe is vegan and gluten-free. It’s ideal as a quick breakfast or dessert idea. Chances are you already have all the ingredients in your pantry. Get your blender ready and you’re all set!
The ingredients? So basic
- 1/2 cup plant-based milk of choice (soy, cashew, almond, rice)
- 1 tbsp raw cacao
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 banana
- 1 cup of berries of choice (strawberry, blueberry …)
Note: any fruit that you add to your smoothie bowl can be either frozen or seasonal. You can also choose another type of nut butter (almond, macadamia nut).
Endless choice of toppings
- sliced or chopped almond, hazelnut, cashew nut
- coconut flakes
- dark chocolate chips
- fresh fruit
- Add all of your ingredients to a blender and blend until you’re satisfied with the consistency.
- Make thicker by adding another banana, or add more milk to make less thick.
- Transfer into a bowl and serve with toppings of your choice.
Eat immediately (which I’m sure you’ll want to do) or store in your refrigerator to enjoy later in the day.
Recipe provided by Denise Robinson.