If you’re on a detox and craving something light and healthy, this unique Asian-style salad is what you’re looking for.
Poached chicken breast is low-fat and full of protein. You can make it your own by using seasoning and spices.
This recipe uses goji berry, a small, red berry native to Asia. It can be consumed dried or fresh and its taste varies from sweet and earthy to slightly tart.
Learn how to make this Poached Chicken and Goji Berry salad to stay healthy and fit. If you’re looking for something new and different to try out in the kitchen, this is it.
Chinese Chicken & Goji Berry Salad
Ingredients for Poached Chicken:
- 1 whole chicken breast
- 2 medium onions
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 2-3 pieces star anise
Ingredients for Goji Berry Salad:
- 1/4 cup dried goji berries
- 1 carrot, sliced into thin strips
- 3/4 cup snow peas
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger
- 1 whole chili pepper, sliced
- 3 tbs toasted sesame seeds
- 4 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs sesame oil
- salt to taste
- Place chicken breast into a pot and cover with cold water. Add salt and other spices.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, then leave on the stove with the lid on for about 30 minutes. The chicken will continue to cook during this time.
- Once this is done, transfer on a plate and cut into strips or smaller pieces.
- Place all your ingredients for the marinade into a medium-sized bowl and mix well. Add sliced poached chicken and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. This will allow the meat to soak up all the different flavors.
- Sprinkle with lightly toasted sesame seeds (to toast sesame seeds, put them in a warm skillet and occasionally stir until the seeds turn golden brown and fragrant).
Recipe submitted by Bree F.