If you’re a fan of cocktails, you’ve probably heard about this drink. In case you’re not yet acquainted, Banana Daiquiri is a tropical style cocktail based on rum. Fruity accents like banana syrup and lime juice make it refreshing and unique.
You don’t have to be a pro to give this recipe a try. Read on to learn how to make your own banana rum from scratch and how to prepare the perfect homemade Banana Daiquiri.
For Banana Flavored Rum
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 cup light rum
For the Cocktail
- 2 oz banana flavored rum (homemade, see above)
- 1/2 oz simple syrup (2 parts sugar and 1 part water)
- 3/4 oz lime juice
Optional: lime wheel for garnish
How to make your own Banana Flavored Rum
- Prepare your bananas by peeling and cutting them into 1/2 slices. Store in a mason jar.
- Add the rum, seal and shake the jar.
- Leave for a couple of days to steep.
- After this process is done, you’ll have to strain the rum through a cheesecloth to remove banana slices and any leftover pulp.
Putting it all together: how to make Banana Daiquiri
- Add all liquid ingredients (banana rum, simple syrup and lime juice) to a shaker and fill with ice.
- Shake for 10 seconds to combine all ingredients.
- Strain and serve in a coupe glass.
- Add garnish (optional).
Recipe submitted by John Sheffler.