Are you always on the lookout for that healthy carb to curb your sweet tooth? Maybe you’re already a fan of banana bread and are wondering how to make the original recipe even better.
This time, the secret is not in a new ingredient: it’s in using the tried and tested ones to make delicious banana bread pancakes.
Imagine the sweet smell of baked banana bread dough, and then the taste of maple syrup combined with its fluffy and comforting texture. That’s what it’s going to be like.
This recipe is simple and easy to follow, you’ll whip up your perfect dessert in no time.
- 2 very ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
Optional: maple syrup, chocolate chips (dark to offset the sweetness a bit, or milk chocolate if you decide to go all the way), cinnamon
- Preheat your pancake pan or skillet that you usually use for making pancakes.
- In a bowl, mix all dry ingredients: flour, sugar, brown sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- Now mix all the wet ingredients (your mashed bananas, milk, butter, vanilla extract, and egg) in another bowl.
- Optional: add your chocolate chips to the mix if you want your pancakes to have a sweeter, chocolatey taste.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients in a single bowl. Add nuts of choice.
- Pour 1/4 batter into your preheated and lightly greased pan. Cook for up to 2 minutes on each side, until a crust forms along the edges.
Serve with maple syrup, pecan nuts or walnuts.
Recipe submitted by Morgan Hill.