Sometimes there is no better feeling than returning to the comfort of the familiar. What makes that even more satisfying is adding your own twist, and that’s exactly what you will do (quite literally!) with this yummy cinnamon and sugar churros.
They are a perfect comfort food: freshly baked, warm, crunchy … did we mention sweet? You can have them for breakfast with a cup of hot chocolate or snack on them whenever you want.
With just four ingredients, this recipe falls into the super easy category and will take you no time to complete. Just make sure you have enough baking paper and you’re ready to go!
- puff pastry sheets of choice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 6 tbsp butter (melted)
Other: baking sheet, baking tray
- Mix dry ingredients (sugar and cinnamon) in a bowl.
- Cut pastry sheets into 8 identical square pieces.
- Brush from all sides with melted butter.
- Coat evenly with your sweet mixture of sugar and cinnamon and cut into strips.
- Lay two strips on top of each other and twist to get the characteristic churro shape.
- Line your baking tray with a baking sheet (or spray generously with cooking oil) and place the churros on the tray. Follow baking instructions provided by your puff pastry brand of choice and bake until done.
- Let cool before serving.
Recipe by Ella Spivey.