This easy and quick garlic bread recipe is perfect if you want to add a little something extra to your dinner. With just 10 minutes of prep time, you’ll be done in no time, but the result will be so much better than garlic bread bought from the store.
What makes garlic bread so special?
Like with many recipes that basically revolve around simple ingredients, the thing that makes the end result really stand out is the balance between herbs and spices you use. This creates a perfect taste that can satisfy every savory craving.
You can eat it alone (the combination of melted butter, garlic, and black pepper is enough to make your mouth water) or pair it with another dish based on pasta or rice.
This recipe is perfect if you’re in a rush. Everyone will love it: from your family to your unexpected guests.
- 1 baguette, sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- garlic salt
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven at 350°F (approximately 175°C).
- Prepare a baking sheet. Use baking paper or spray generously with oil to make sure the bread doesn’t stick to the hot metal surface.
- Melt your butter. This step is important because the butter will act as a “carrier” for all of the herbs and spices you’re using.
- Add chopped garlic, garlic salt and chili to the melted butter. Mix thoroughly.
- Slice your baguette into medium-thick slices.
- Next, spread the mixture of butter and spices on top of the bread. Sprinkle with black pepper.
- Bake until the bread forms a crust and is lightly crispy (about 15 minutes).
- Sprinkle the bread slices with cilantro and basil and bake for another 5 minutes.
And there you have it: freshly baked garlic bread in 30 minutes. This leaves you plenty of time to enjoy the rest of your evening with friends and family. Who knows, maybe you even plan your next cooking adventure.
Recipe provided by Jennifer Weber.