A good smoothie is a life-saver if you’re trying to add more leafy greens into your diet, but don’t always feel like eating a salad. There’s not much to say about making a smoothie, but here are a few rules of thumb:
- Always have fresh, seasonal ingredients on hand. Everything that goes into your smoothie goes in raw. It should be clean and fresh so you can get the tastiest, most nutrient-dense smoothie.
- Experiment until you find the smoothie. We’ll admit, some combinations of ingredients just taste … not that good. Thankfully, there are a million ways to make a different version of a smoothie if you don’t like the original.
Kale Cucumber Healthy Green Smoothie
- 1 cup kale (or baby spinach) leaves
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 lemon
- honey (to taste)
- water or coconut water
- Blend kale and water/coconut water until smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend again until smooth (or until you get the consistency you want).
- Drink immediately for best taste.