We get many recipes that present familiar foods in a new light. We believe that is because reinventing the familiar helps people find their spark and bring joy to their everyday routine.
It is with that belief that we share this avocado toast recipe.
It’s just bread with some avocado on top, you say. Why would I need a recipe for that?
Because you don’t normally use apple and fresh red cabbage when making one, do you?
Ideal when you want to start your day fresh and combine indulging yourself with a lot of healthy foods.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 pieces of toast)
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 apple (look for a variety that’s more on the tart side)
- 1/2 red cabbage, sliced
- dressing: white vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper, sugar, olive oil)
- Make your dressing by mixing all the ingredients well.
- Add sliced red cabbage.
- Peel and slice the apple
- Place red cabbage, avocado slices and apple on toast.
Recipe submitted by Katy Jenkins.