Aloo tikki is a popular Indian street food served alongside main dishes such as chole (chickpea curry). It’s a potato-based fried patty that is spicy and savory and is best served hot.
To make your Aloo tikki, you’ll need:
- 2 large potatoes
- 3 tbsp rice flour
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- Spices: 1/2 tsp chili powder, 1/2 cumin powder, 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 3 tbsp unscented coconut oil
In this recipe, we’ll fry the patties in a little bit of oil. You can choose to deep fry or bake them in the oven. Note that you have to boil the potato before making your patties.
- Boil and mash the potatoes.
- Add all of your spices and rice flour to the potato.
- Mix all ingredients and form small balls.
- Add coconut oil to a pan, heat up and add the patties.
- Fry on medium heat. Turn patties so that they are fried evenly on all sides.
- The patties are done when they turn golden brown.
Recipe by Bronson C.